Washington Post: “KIPP builds college pipeline through written agreements”
Thank you for visiting Daybook Davidson. This blog post, along with the rest of the Daybook Davidson site, has been archived and no new stories are being added to the site. Please consider visiting the online version of the Davidson Journal to find similar stories about Davidson College, alumni, and members of the campus community.
July Experience is one of many academic and athletic programs on Davidson’s campus in the summertime. (photo Bill Giduz) (clickable)
The Washington Post takes note of one of the college’s flagship summer academic programs: “Starting in October 2011, KIPP [Knowledge Is Power Program] and college leaders signed pledges to create recruiting pipelines and campus support systems for students who often lack the higher-education connections routinely found in affluent communities.”
• Read the Washington Post article.
And wait, that’s not all! Read other summertime news:
• National Geographic coverage of a Davidson College turtle study
• July Experience for high school students
• Davidson’s Freedom School
• New 3-D imaging capabilities
• What’s new in old texts in the Rare Book Room
• Davidson newsroom page